土曜日, 9月 6

Tripple bummer morning!

I woke up at 6 am this morning.

Damn!

I forgot to take my sahur!!! I was planing to wake up at 3 am to eat light and drink lots of fluid before the next Iftar, but I guess I was just too exhausted to even bother. 

Urghh....what a bummer.

I opened my laptop and browsed through my emails.
There was an email from my boss. (kachou, in Japanese) 
Hmm...wonder what its about.
I opened it up, and the Subject reads: Death of Mizukami-san.

Double whammer!!

Mizukami-san was my kachou from my Toyama years!
We've traveled to Bangkok together. I recalled having once had a heated argument on our company's stance venturing into the overseas market in a cab in Bangkok.
He was one of the major players who believed that venturing oversea will do good for the company. I am a staunch believer of that ideals too. 
He took care of me until the time when I was transfered to Tokyo.

I just couldn't believe what I read!
The email said that  Mizukami san was diagnosed with brain tumor a year ago.
He then took leave for treatment, and later had a brain surgery.
He did come back to work after the surgery, but since the pain didn't persist, he took sick leave again and started frequenting the hospital for check ups and further treatment.

His death came as a shock to all of us at the company.

I scrolled down further, and I noticed an attachment to the email.

I opened it. 
It was a very formal document.
On it was small boxes asking for your name, employee number, and finally how much you're willing to 'contribute' for the grieving family.

Yes, its the all too familiar, Okouden.

That jolt me back from my melancholy.
Triple bummer!!!

Here in Japan, one's lives revolves around money.
You celebrate New Year, MONEY. You reached 20 years old, MONEY.You get married, MONEY. You die, also MONEY.

The adage Money makes the world goes round actually do mean something (actually, it means a lot!) in this part of the world. No can deny. 

Sigh. My stomach rumbles in protest....  

2 件のコメント:

Ren さんのコメント...

Me, also terlepas sahur today..huhuhu sangat berbeza rasanya sebab jarang ta bersahur... hehehe.. salam takziah to u atas kehilangan ur kachou. Memang sakit kalau orang yang pergi tu ada berjasa pada kita kan?/?

suzura さんのコメント...

thanks.
mmg perit bile kite terpaksa say bye bye pada org yg mmg byk berjasa kat kite, tak kisah la dia agama apa.