土曜日, 9月 20

Dance Debut?!

OK.
It is nice to know that someone out there (you know who you are!) are reading my posts!
To all of you, I would like to say, Thanks!!!

Well, its been some time since my last entry.
Below is an entry that I wrote about my 'mundane' daily life encounters.
Here goes.

Wednesday, 17th Sept
I went for HIP HOP DANCE lesson after work. 
YES, you heard me right. 
I dance! Hehe.

Wondered why I joined the class? 
Well, first of all, I've been wanting to learn how to dance for quite some time. I've always enjoyed dancing. I've also managed to learn a few dance routines while I was studying Japanese language in Universiti Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. 
But it was Malay traditional dance then, though. 
Completely different from what I'm learning, now.

Secondly, its because I think that my everyday life is just too routine, too boring. 
I feel that I need to instill some change in order to make my weeks more interesting.
A colleague came up to me one day and asked if I'm interested to join him and sign up for hip hop class? I gave it some thought and after I gave it one lesson, I was officially hooked! 

Thirdly, I really think that I need the exercise.
Boy, if only you could have seen the amount of sweat after one and a half hours of class, you'll know what I mean.

Fourthly, I am secretly harbouring a dream to perform my hip hop moves someday soon.
Think that I've had a craving for the spotlight and of course, attention! 
And, after seeing my colleagues from dance class performing on stage, strutting their stuffs and cool moves, I was completely awed. 
I too would like to stand on that stage, showing my moves and making other people gaped and awed. Still haven't got the courage to do so, though...but I'm working on it.
Hehe...just wish me luck!

I finished my lesson at 8:30pm.
I was completely out of breath, completely drenched in sweat but feeling fulfilled and a little, 'high'.
I had a call from my 'sempai' (senior) asking if I'd like to join them for a karaoke session.
I quickly said 'YES!', changed clothes and within less than half an hour, found myself zig zagging through the crowded street of Shinjuku, finding my way to the Karaoke Box/shop.

We sang our hearts out at the Karaoke Box until 11pm! 
Had a great time and lots of laughs.
Karaoke IS definitely a good way to release steam. Good therapy







I made at Hounanchou (the subway station nearest to my apartment) station at 11:30pm. 
I was planning to cook up something descent for 'sahur' the next morning, but I was just too trashed out to even bother...
I then paid a visit to the nearest convenience shop (combini in Japanese) to my house.
I bought instant seafood spaghetti, an orange juice and bread, and walked slowly back to my apartment.

Once inside, I checked my emails (we can't just ignore them nowadays, can we?) and FB account and then had a nice, long hot shower. When I finished, it was already 12 midnight!
I then switched on the tv, stuffed all my clothes inside my washing machine and set the timer on 'standby' mode and start washing at 10am, tomorrow.
And then arund 1:30am, I heated the 'instant spaghetti' and had my 'sahur'.
It was already 2 am when I finally hit the bed.

I woke up at 7:30am next morning with a severe sore throat and muscle cramps all over!

BOY, I am getting OLD! Sigh...

5 件のコメント:

Ren さんのコメント...

Yup...u r right! [hehehe which part huh?] the exercise thing...

Really enjoy to read ur day-to-day story. Keep up the good work!

suzura さんのコメント...

thanks for the encouragement! will do...more to come.
tunggguuuuuuuuu...........;-)

Ren さんのコメント...

sELaMat HarI RaYa AidiL FitRi..
Min Maaf jika ada terkasar bahasa dan tersinggung.. Semoga Hari Raya Tahun ini lebih bermakna...

Ikhlas from:

JanGGeL

Bangla Tambak Johor さんのコメント...

sugoi yoooo!!! anataaa...

HiP HOp datte?..

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!..

mitaiiiiiiii

suzura さんのコメント...

nora,
tungguuuuuuuuuu!!!!

la nie I nyer hip hop masih level rendah lagi.
belum boleh nak tunjuk kat orang. hahaha