水曜日, 10月 15

My Raya stint-Touch & Go-part 2


wokay...
                                                                        ***

I arrived first at the airport and checked in. I then waited for my brother near the check in counter. 5 minutes later, he finally arrived, looking a little dazed, one hand prodding into his bag, frantically searching for his ticket and passport. 

I ushered him to the check in counter and checked him in. It was 5 minutes before the counter closed. He made it in the nick of time...

We then rushed to the immigration counter. I don't know why but it was very crowded.
Had to wait...again.
Breathe in, breathe out. Try to relax.

Well, we finally managed to board the plane just on time.
Fortunately, my brother's seat wasn't anywhere near mine.
If not, then GOD save him. He'll have to bear 2 long hours of my 'pep talk'.

11:30am 
Arrived in Singapore. The new terminal 3. 
I've used this terminal before, but I just noticed that it also has an arboretum, where real, live butterflies are actually flying around, as I hasten my walk to the immigration counter.
Thats a nice feature. Made mental note to stay around and discover what Changi's Terminal 3 has to offer whenever I'm here the next time.

We both passed the immigration counter, and as we were about to go out the door, the police stopped us, and asked to scan our belongings.
Hmm, must be my brother's yakuza-like appearance. 
We behave ourselves and within minutes, we're finally out in the open.
Phew.


I then called aunt, who lives in Pasir Ris. 
I initially wanted to go to her house by MRT, but she said its more convenient to take the taxi from Changi. I followed her advice and soon enough, we both arrived at her apartment's doorstep.




12:30 noon
Auntie (we call her Mak Ngah) made us some 'mee hoon sup' for brunch.
Both of us was hungry, so we just helped ourselves to it.
Added several teaspoon full of 'sambal kicap' for an extra 'umph'.
Ahh...heaven!

   
14:30pm
The rest of my other family finally arrives at Mak Ngah's house. 
It was a miracle! All of us under one roof! Together for Hari Raya. 
We don't usually have the chance to celebrate Raya together with the whole family since my 2nd brother is now working in Jakarta, my 3rd brother is in Dubai and me now living in Tokyo. Its quite difficult to get everyone to take leave on the same day.
Furthermore, 3rd brother and 4th brother are not in speaking terms, so whenever 3rd brother is around, 4th brother will always find an excuse not to stick along. They're still in a state of 'Cold War' but I guess Hari Raya mood got the best of them and they behaved themselves this time.

I believe that day was the happiest day for Mom.



                            from left: Fifi, Ayie, Ami, Mom Musalmah, Alaina, Dad Mahamud, Leny, Me and Aan.

Now that the whole family is here, we then starts making our Hari Raya rounds. Of course, Mak Ngah also joined in the fun.

In 2 cars, we first dropped by Auntie Teh's house at Lorong Sarina. 
I met my cousin, Kak Yah and her children. Unfortunately, the kids are in exam week, so no Raya fun for them. Have to study.

After that, we then drove to Cik Mah and Cik Ju's house at Tampines. More food and drinks are served.
Lastly, we made a stop at Kak Jana's house (other cousin) in Pasir Ris before heading back to Mak Ngah's house for a night's rest.
The clock showed that its well past 10pm when we all finally set ourselves down to sleep.
Tomorrow, Raya some more...
                                                                             *** 
                                                                                                        ...to be continued 

6 件のコメント:

Bangla Tambak Johor さんのコメント...

dolly..
cuba shoukai sikit dalam gamabr tuh..who is who...
natsukashi tgk mak kau dan cekgu besar

suzura さんのコメント...

will do...;-)

Ren さんのコメント...

Wah sonok tengok u bercerita pasal ur Hari Raya.. Mesti meriah kan!!!

By the way my fren : beautifullife send her regard to u.

Bangla Tambak Johor さんのコメント...

sukanyaaa aku baca.
reality sesangattttt.
i thought this thing only happen dalam wayang/drama..rupanyaaa..betul betul berlaku..
except,kalo dalam drama maybe, abang dia akan tunggu jugak adik dia lah(tunjuk ke malaikatan dan ala-ala tak realistik part..yerla..drama lah katakan..)..
tapii...kalo aku jadik ko pon,aku AKAN TINGGALKAN jugaaaaaaakkk adik aku tuh..wakakakkak!

匿名 さんのコメント...

whoah, meriahnya! lupa aku nora pun your mom punya student gak yek. ingatkan faried jek!

suzura さんのコメント...

coy,
yup. seems like anak2 buah my parents from SMS Muar mmg melambak2. Thats why I've decided to stay away from Muar. Ramai sgt yg kenal, tak larat nak 'melayan'.
hahaha