水曜日, 10月 1

Hari Raya di perantauan

Its 1st Syawal.
Its the first day of Hari Raya....and I'm stuck in the office, staring blank at the contract draft, while my boss and other colleagues from work are golfing somewhere in the outskirts of Bangkok.

Arghhhh!!!!!!!
Life is unfair, I know.
But, I didn't know that sometimes, life too can suck, BIG TIME!
Urghhh...
(Serves me right though. My colleagues did asked me to tag along, but since I don't golf, I turned down their offer)

Well, I guess that is one of the downsides of living/working out of Malaysia.
You don't get the chance to celebrate major festivals with family members and best friends.

After having lived overseas for years, ( I did a quick count and realized that I've spent 12 years overseas, out of which I only managed to celebrate Hari Raya with folks back home like a couple of times, only!) I know that I should have been accustomed to the idea of celebrating Hari Raya A.L.O.N.E, but unfortunately, celebrating Eid in Tokyo and celebrating Eid here in Bangkok do have its differences.

If I were to celebrate Eid in Tokyo/Japan, I would most probably teamed up with the other Malaysian community living/working there, burning the midnight oil, cramped ourselves into our small houses, chatting away while at the same time, busy preparing delicious foods for 'Rumah Terbuka' (open house) on Hari Raya Eve.

                     

I really miss that 'excitement'.

The smell of 'ketupat segera' aka 'Ketupat plastik' boiling (in what seems like ages!) in the big copper pot on the gas stove.
The laughters of close friends preparing the ingredients for the 'lauk-pauk' that will be cooked next.
The Hari Raya songs coming out from the computer than the people downloaded from the Net a few days before the gathering.
The constant ringings of differing ring tunes, signaling the numerous Selamat Hari Raya calls and SMSs from families and friends back home to everyone's handphone.
A phone call from my mom, telling me that tomorrow's Hari Raya, when I've already heard the announce via the Net.
Happy Raya wishes and greetings via YM and IM.
And not to forget the endless E-Raya cards and Happy Raya wishes via email.


Unfortunately, none of those I mentioned above happened while I'm here in Bangkok.
Urghh...


Anyway, to all great friends out there, I'd like to wish you all a SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI.




4 件のコメント:

Ren さんのコメント...

dOLLY! Selamat Hari Raya!

suzura さんのコメント...

Selamat Hari Raya to you too!!!
Timo kacih byk2 for the kad raya.
sorilah tak sempat balas...

apa2 pun, saya terkedu sekejap bile dapat kad raya tu dlm post box.
maklumlah, hantar jauh2. duit stem mesti mahal kan?

Bangla Tambak Johor さんのコメント...

dolly-kun,
selamat hari rayaaaaaaa..maaf zahir batin noooooooooo.

jgn sedih sedih...

Ren さんのコメント...

Hahahah dah terima kat raya dara I??? alhamdulillah sampai jugak..hehehhe tu pun gigih salin alamat dari Facebook u.. heheheh ala setem tak mahal mana pon ..RM1 ++ je. heheh