水曜日, 10月 8

My Raya stint-Touch & Go-part 1

I was in Bangkok for this Hari Raya.
Thought that I'll take advantage of the short distance to 'balik kampung' and celebrate this year's Raya with my family members.

I then used my 'power of persuasion' and sweet talked my japanese boss into granting me leave on Monday (6th Oct, 2008) so that I can spend 3 short days with my family this time.

Coincidentally, my 2nd brother was also in Bangkok for a conference. 
It was fate that both of us had to spend this year's first few days of Hari Raya on foreign grounds.

3 days. Hmm...
Not much, but it'll have to do. 
Have to make sure that I spend my precious 3 days wisely.

I decided to fly to Changi instead of Sepang.
Lets face it. Transport from KLIA to Muar isn't easy, especially during Raya holidays.
Changi, on the other hand is more predictable. I am more confident to handle Singapore's public transport than Malaysia's.

I told my brother and parents about the change of plan. 
My father had initially planed to visit my families in Singapore, so my change of plan fits in perfectly.
I then used my airline mileages that was accumulated until now and redeemed 2 tickets to Singapore. I had to fork out and extra RM600 to cover the fuel surcharges and airport tax, still cheaper than return tickets on Airasia, and yet I'll fly a full service airline! Have to count my blessings!

Told brother that I'll pick him up at his hotel at 5:30am on 4th Oct.

4th Oct. (Sat)
The company's driver came right on time to pick me up from my apartment.
Within minutes I was on my way to Sheraton Grand Orchid to pick up my brother. 
I called his handphone. 
No answer! 
I tried calling him several times, yet no one picked up his phone. 
I was getting worried.

Arrived at his hotel around the pre agreed time, and dashed to the hotel lobby.
He was nowhere to be seen! 
I called him yet again, but still no answer.
One thing that I can't tolerate is, having to wait for others! 
I swear that I can hear my blood boiling in my head.

I gave my brother's name to the guy manning the hotel's reception.
He checked the name in his computer, and, after what felt like ages came back to me with, 'I'm sorry sir, but we cannot find anyone by this name in our record'. 
Huh?!
Something is not right. 
The clock is ticking. My blood's temperature is rising. 
FAST!

After trying his cell phone for what felt like the hundreth times (exagerating, I know but it sure felt like it) someone finally answered his cell phone! The person sounded sleepy. He said that he's sharing the same room with my brother. I told him to wake my brother up and shove the phone on his face!
Finally, I had him (my brother) on the line.

Me: What are you doing? Do you know what time is it! (I sounded hysterical!)
Him: Err...morning? 5 am?
Me: Its almost 6!!! Now, I'll give you 5 minutes to pack up and check out from here. PRONTO!!!
        (I was pissed off)
Him: Kay...(still sound sleepy)

I then walked to the reception and told the guy in charge to pass this message to my brother when he checked out:

'I'm already on my way to the airport. Find a cab and rush to the airport by yourself. I'll meet you there. Unfortunately, the plane won't wait.'

I then called my driver, climbed inside my car and sped off to the airport without my brother.

                                                                            ***
                                                                                                            ...to be continued
 

3 件のコメント:

Bangla Tambak Johor さんのコメント...

alamak..sambung..sambung...
**waitingggg

lagi suspen kalo ko berentikan yg ni kat " without my brother"

sassssssspennnn pembaca seperti aku ni...

dan aku dapat merasakan how the BLOOD BOILING tuhhhhhhh!!!..kalau aku pon,rasa nak bako jer terus hotel tuh..ekkekekekeke

suzura さんのコメント...

wokay...
sambung shimasu.
;-)

Bangla Tambak Johor さんのコメント...

sukanyaaa aku baca.
reality sesangattttt.
i thought this thing only happen dalam wayang/drama..rupanyaaa..betul betul berlaku..
except,kalo dalam drama maybe, abang dia akan tunggu jugak adik dia lah(tunjuk ke malaikatan dan ala-ala tak realistik part..yerla..drama lah katakan..)..
tapii...kalo aku jadik ko pon,aku AKAN TINGGALKAN jugaaaaaaakkk adik aku tuh..wakakakkak!